After such a late night, I was definitely struggling in the AM, which you wouldn't think would be that bad, except I had to meet my friend Sara for tea to catch up at 2 PM.
Made it out just in time, and when we debated where to go, we actually decided that coming back to mine for a cup of tea was the way to go. So we just sat and chatted for ages, and it was really lovely to catch up.
I have to admit, I was a bit embarrassed at my own shauenfreude, as Sara had mentioned to me that she was seeing someone, which gave me a start, given that Sara is so perpetually single. If she could be seeing someone and I'm not, what on earth is wrong with me? Yet as we spoke, I realised that "seeing someone" meant simply that she'd met a guy through online dating that she'd seen on multiple occasions but wasn't even sure if she liked. And he seemed a bit non-committal as well. (So many things with so many friends have seemed to replicate my situation with the 'silly boy', I wonder how common that sort of weird "I won't call you" relationship is?)
Still, I suppose I should be more generous and gracious, and hope that Sara finds a nice boy soon. We all deserve nice boys soon, don't you think?
No comments:
Post a Comment