I missed Body Pump at the gym this morning (I really need to learn to get up earlier), but I figured that was okay because I was playing squash with Doro in the evening. We had an early court time (6:15), but at least it motivated me to get out of work on time.
I'd been complaining to Doro about how fat I felt in my skirt on Saturday, so she agreed to play a pretty intense game. I was wearing my heart-rate monitor, and got some pretty impressive stats out of it (squash is an intense game!) In 29 minutes of play, I had an Avg HR of 161, a Max HR of 179, and burned 331 calories in just 29 minutes. Admittedly, I don't think I could have kept up that pace for too long, but it sure shows what a good workout a game of squash is!
Walked home through St. James' Park with Doro to St. James' Tube station, using my iPhone the entire way to try and set up a squash game with someone else later in the week. Squash is just so much fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment