After weeks of being off running, I finally figured it was time I made it back to the hash. They were running from Liverpool Street this week, and as soon as I arrived at the pub I remembered it as one I'd never liked, as for some reason nobody I really wanted to see showed up to runs out of that particular pub.
Indeed, that maxim proved to be true, as I didn't run into too many folks that I even felt like chatting with, much less those I desperately wanted to see. Still, it was good to be there for the run, right?
We set off, and alarmingly quickly it became apparent that this was a run through the less salubrious areas of London, as we frequently had people yelling at us from their windows in housing estates or gangs of hooded youngsters jeering at us as we ran by. I kept up reasonably well for the first 30-40 min of the run, as I was terrified to fall behind down some of these dark alleyways, but eventually I'd just had enough and upon falling behind the group once again, gave up and simply hopped on a bus back to the pub.
Arrived back well before everyone else, struggled to make conversation with the people there for a bit, and at least had a fine time chatting to one of the girls I like (sweet girl married to a funny outgoing guy) and discovered the exciting news that she is pregnant. Definitely some happy news for the evening!
Yet before they could even begin the songs and stories of the evening, I'd had enough and decided to head home. A half-hearted run and not a keen crowd, I was ready to leave!!
No comments:
Post a Comment