Sunday, 6 February 2011

Not Much for a Sunday

Thankfully, although it could have been disastrous (given how much Hendrick's I'd consumed the night before), I woke up without any trace of a hangover, I think due to my clever strategy of guzzling water all night long - and the two McDonald's double-cheeseburgers I'd scarfed on my way home.

I got myself up and out to Body Pump in the morning, but couldn't manage to hang on for yoga, instead I went home and ate lunch, and then just hung out for the afternoon. I probably could have done a lot more productive things with my time, particularly as I was thankfully without a hangover! But instead I just did nothing...

In the evening, it was with a sinking feeling that I realised I had a message on Facebook from the chap who I hadn't wanted to get in touch, asking if I wanted to do dinner or drinks. I've packed my calendar as much as I possibly can, but alas there are still two days open in the next two weeks. So I guess if he's free then, I'll have to go. {Sigh!}

But I did get one last little delight when I heard my FB message noise, and clicked over with trepidation, thinking it was that chap. So imagine my delight when it turned out to be Gordon, checking in to say hello. He was writing to ask if I'd heard about an article the Super Social Scotsman had sent to be earlier, about a jilted banker caught in a bid to hire a hitman to murder a girl's father. Gordon asked me, "Have you heard about our first Inter-Club attempted murder?" Apparently she was from the RAC, he was from the Oriental, and most people knew them both (although Gordon said he'd de-friended the chap after the restraining order came through). What a mess... That poor girl is going to be scared of ever going out with men again!

No comments:

Post a Comment