Thursday, 24 February 2011

Dull Dartmouth Drinks

After the insanely late night the night before (why on earth did I agree to go to a nightclub on a school night?) I was absolutely dragging throughout the work day, and was very tempted to just skip the "Dartmouth Pub Night" that was happening that evening. Yet I had agreed to meet the other two Dartmouth people to talk about....something, so I dragged my arse out to the designated bar where we were having the event.

When I arrived, I was immediately put off by how it was a loud, thumping bar, where you sort of had to yell to be heard above the noise. While attempting to put my coat away, I got trapped in a deathly dull conversation, and remained stuck there for what seemed like ages, with no opportunity even to go get a drink.

Finally shook loose of that one, talked to my other two organizers, and then got into conversation with some former US Naval Academy grad who had just moved to London. He was decently interesting to talk to, but seemed to be hitting on me a bit, and I just was tired and didn't have the energy to deal with a 5-foot tall guy in his 40's. So refused all offers for him to buy me drinks, and finally made my way home at the ridiculously early hour of 8:30 PM!

No comments:

Post a Comment