Friday, 30 October 2009

Work Catch-Up

I woke up at 6:20 AM, quite startled out of bed by a dream where I'd gotten into a massive brawl at a garden center (yes, the kind of place with potted plants and gardening supplies) over a price sticker machine after looking for Phish Food frozen yogurt. If anyone has any insight as to what my sub-concious is trying to tell me, I'd love to hear it.

When I woke up, the thought occurred to me, "If you get up now, you could make it to the 7 AM spin class!" Funny enough, the next thought was, "Or you could roll over and go back to sleep." Guess which thought won?

Still, I eventually did have to get up and head into the office, as I was meeting a consultant friend today for coffee. She had a baby about a year ago, and now had finally finished up her 9-month maternity leave (how much do I love the UK?) and so although we'd met for coffee a few times here and there whilst she'd been out, it was great to see her back in action. She looked great, and I had fun hearing stories about her little one, while she laughed about the usual comedy show that is my romantic life.

Still, I did hear from Neighbour Guy again, just to say that he had indeed found my outfit quite funny, and to ask a bit more about my running club. Then again later to ask about a Christmas ball. I try to keep everything friendly, because more than anything, I realise I HAVE to be friends with this guy. Firstly, from the perspective that he lives so close, so it would be weird every time I ran into him if we were not friends. And you really just don't know how you'll click in the long term (are those misspellings just because he's on a Blackberry, or will my Oxbridge educated-self be driven crazy?), but he really just seems like such a nice guy, I really want to make sure he becomes a part of my life. One of the most important things in life I've realised, is that you can never go wrong by surrounding yourself with nice people.

Finally at the end of the day, my dinner plans got cancelled (I'd been supposed to go to dinner at the Carlton Club with a few friends, but one had to cancel so we decided to reschedule for another day), so I just headed home to veg out and catch up on Jon Stewart. The weekend is almost here!

No comments:

Post a Comment