Wednesday, 14 October 2009

The Day After The Job Offer

So I had this totally awful moment today, where as I scanned through my e-mails in my inbox, I realised I didn't have a single piece of written confirmation that I'd been offered the job. It had all simply been verbal stuff said over the phone. And suddenly I started to worry, "Did I just imagine the whole thing?" (Seriously, when you've been as stressed out as I have been these past three weeks, the idea that you have been hallucinating seems entirely possible).

I kid you not, I had a good two hours of freaking out and wondering how on earth I was going to go back and tell all of my friends that I HADN'T actually gotten the job, when thankfully a whole slew of e-mails from my new boss popped up in my inbox, talking about plans for meeting on Friday, our transition plans, and so forth. Thank God, it was real!

And then the best part was his last e-mail, where he said: "One more thing… from your bio I see that you are a Mac fan, we have several in the group… in fact one of my projects has been getting training onto mobile phones, including the iPhone. One of the guys on the innovation team uses a Mac all the time for his work (he has Vista running on it as well as the Mac OS)… so I thought you would like to know that you are not alone in Mac Fan-ness."

I've just really got a good feeling about this...

No comments:

Post a Comment