I woke up in the morning a bit overheated, but as it's been getting colder here in England, this was a nice surprise. (All of these old buildings that have been around for hundreds of years may look pretty, but they are actually really drafty!) It all was apparently due to the heated floors, which were amazing, with heat coming up right through the tiles and the carpet. It was wonderful to simply stand in one spot and just soak up the heat through my feet!
Jen dashed out in the morning to pick up a few things for breakfast, and we had some french toast, bacon and feta cheese. (Sounds weird, but trust me when I tell you it was delicious). Of course I got a good laugh when Jen brought back a can of cold Diet Coke for me for breakfast! So thoughtful, as I don't drink coffee (and the two of them are total coffee connoisseurs), but it's how I get my morning caffiene. (Even though Nikola did say to me, "That's really kind of weirding me out, drinking Diet Coke first thing in the morning!")
Had a lovely breakfast with them before they had to go to work, and then I got on the bus and headed back to London. I'm amazed by the Oxford Tube, as I always get on with my laptop, intent on doing work and being productive, but that bus sends me to sleep better than any insomnia medication. I just get on and immediately feel my eyelids getting heavy!
I got back to London and figured I should call someone and go out for Halloween, but I just couldn't summon up the motivation. So instead I pulled out "Tropic Thunder", the latest film that had arrived in the mail-order service, and laughed my head off at Tom Cruise. Not a bad way to spend your Halloween night!
No comments:
Post a Comment