Wednesday, 28 October 2009

Running in Orange Tights


For my running club this week, they decided to make it a Halloween-themed run, and so in an effort to scramble together something "Halloween-ish", I pulled on some orange tights, bright orange leg warmers pulled up to my knees like knee-high socks, black shorts, and a black running top with a too-tight orange tank top over it. All the orange stuff courtesy of that "Rubik's Cube" party I went to a few weeks ago, but it still should be said, I looked like a dork. A really, really, really big dork. Yet that's the beauty of the running club, as when you all look like dorks together, it's funny.

As I headed out, I thought to myself, "You'd better hope you don't run into any cute guys while you're dressed like this!" But I laughed at myself even as I thought it, for really, what are the chances? A thousand-to-one, right? I mean, there's only one guy in all of London I would not want to run into while dressed like such an idiot...

I was walking down the street quite briskly, when I saw a man approaching me at a pretty quick run, obviously late to make his train. And as he was quickly approaching, I had a sinking feeling in my stomach. He looked AWFULLY familiar. I almost thought I might be mistaken as the man ran a step past me, but then stopped dead in his tracks and turned around.

"Adrian, is that you?"

"Yes, Kevin, lovely to see you!!"

He apologized that he didn't have time to stay and talk, but assured me he would call me, and then planted a kiss firmly on my cheek. Then as he ran off, he yelled back at me, "Nice socks!!!"

So much for maintaining his impression of me as the sophisticated girl in a black cocktail dress he met at the club the other night! Oh well, he's always seemed like a nice guy, and even if he just ends up being a good friend in the neighbourhood, I think it gave him a good laugh for the night!

The run was good (if exhausting) with two drinks stops in the middle. (The photo was taken at the second drinks stop, looking all glamorous and sweaty and exhausted). At the end it was nice to see everyone in all of their costumes, and just spent the usual enjoyable time catching up with people. (Oh let's face it, like usual I spent most of my time talking to Matt, my favourite person to hang out with. He got a good laugh out of the story of the guy and the orange socks though!) Then spent time talking to my old flatmate and a few other girls I hadn't seen in quite a while, just enjoying the chance to catch up with everyone. And as a bonus, learned that I hadn't really missed anything by skipping Redback on Sunday, so clever me for skipping it!

No comments:

Post a Comment