Today was my last day in my old flat. In the AM, I moved the last few things that needed to move over to the new place (all of my sheets and blankets!), and then went into the office mid-day. I normally would have just stayed home, but I had promised my friend Christina that we would meet up for lunch. Alas, I got in too late to see my friend Rowan, but I did get to have a nice lunch with Christina and talk about this and that. She's obviously struggling to keep working while being uncomfortably pregnant, but seems to be keeping up good spirits, nonetheless.
After work I came back home, finished up the last of my packing, made myself some dinner (with the last bits of food I had around), and tried to finish up some work, before finally going to bed for a few hours sleep. Without any of my stuff left in the flat (and no sheets on my bed), I'm afraid I was shamelessly borrowing like mad from my flatmate, but I'm sure she won't ever know the difference.
It was ridiculously late before I finally finished packing and tumbled off into bed, but it would only be a few hours now before I had to get up again for my early flight and leave this flat for good...
No comments:
Post a Comment