I finally got some moving done today!
Emily had the day off, which in the past would normally have meant I would go into the office to stay out of her way, but that was in the old days when I was feeling considerate. Now that I'm being kicked out, I'm a much less considerate flatmate. (We had a stand-off for quite a few days there where I didn't buy any toilet paper, and we were seriously using paper towels. I suppose she won the standoff in the end however, as I finally caved and bought some super cheap-o toilet paper before she bought anything. Although to be fair, why should I buy house supplies when I won't be living there in a few days?)
In the morning I did go to Body Pump however, and found I was quite tired afterwards. Yet, it wasn't quite enough, as I had to get some boxes moved!
I'd promised myself that I would make at least five trips across the street today, getting stuff moved. I actually ended up making six trips when after the fifth trip I was ready to take a shower, and I realised I'd left my hairbrush over at the new place (and hence couldn't brush out my wet hair). So an extra bonus for the day!
On one of my trips, I brought over a box of stuff for the kitchen, but as I tried to find places to put it all away, I could barely find any space! There was almost no food in the entire kitchen (I counted a half-package of pasta on one shelf, and some yogurts and Diet Coke in the fridge), yet five out of six shelves were taken up by glassware. I've heard of people who don't cook much, but this was utterly bizarre!!
Spent the rest of the afternoon working at home, and even saw a steam engine go by my window at one point, making the familiar "chug-chug-chug" that you hear in old movies. It was so random, and I wonder what on earth an old-fashioned steam engine was doing on the modern rails in London? No idea, but hopefully at some point Google will answer that question for me...
Spent most of my evening packing up and sorting things out, even though Emily was home and I could have been hanging out with her. Still, with less than a week left, there's still quite a bit to go!
No comments:
Post a Comment