Thursday, 19 August 2010

Slow Wednesday at Home

When I woke up in the morning, I eagerly checked my e-mail, wondering if I would already have heard from the guy I met last night. Okay, so it was only 7 AM, but perhaps he was as eager to get in touch with me as I was with him?

Disappointingly, there was no message, but I reassured myself that it was early yet, and I'd surely hear from him soon. So I went off to the gym and Body Pump class, assuring myself that there was likely to be a message from him by the time I returned.

You can imagine the sinking feeling that grew in the pit of my stomach as the day wore on, and there was still no word from him. Not to be one of those girls who sits around waiting for a boy to call, but what gives? Everything went perfectly last night! I can't think of anything I could have done (aside from not have been all hot and sweaty from just having gone on a 5-mile run) that would have made him like me more. He'd seemed so into me! What gives?

In my head, I made excuses for him. He DID have a houseguest staying with him, which would undoubtedly be distracting. Perhaps he'd seen the movie "Swingers" too many times and was abiding by the 3-day rule. (Note to all men out there: That's a stupid rule. If you really like a girl and she likes you, just call. Screw the waiting around bit).

And yet, it was that knowledge that made the sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach grow. If he liked me, he would just call. Maybe he was one of those idiotic boys who "isn't looking for a relationship right now". Maybe he'd have issues with dating a girl who isn't Jewish. Maybe in the cold harsh light of day, he'd re-evaluated how cute I really was. (Damn it though, I'd just been running!)

In the end, I can only conclude that I don't have ESP, and I'll never know what that boy was thinking. And it's frustrating, because I can't recall the last time I'd ever met someone where everything went so right like that, and I was so sure that it was a slam dunk. Apparently not. Which does make it hard to trust my judgment again.

In the end however, there is nothing for it. I simply have to accept that it's out of my hands, and all up to fate.

Okay, but I resolved that if he still hasn't gotten in touch by the time I get back from Paris (Saturday night), I'll give him a shout. By that point it will be official that he's not interested in me romantically (past the 3-day rule), so I can get in touch and see if maybe at least we can be friends. Because he is a nice guy.

{Sigh!} But I liked him so much more than that..

No comments:

Post a Comment