My father and I went over to my brother's house early in the morning, where we found that my sister-in-law had cancelled her dentist's appointment that morning as she was not feeling well. I went for a walk with my sister-in-law just to get out of the house for a bit, and then came back to feed the baby and we just got to chatting. I told her about the boy, although I'm concerned that I still haven't heard from him... I know if I don't hear from him by Friday, I won't hear a peep from him for two weeks, as he'll be out of radio contact. This of course, is very frustrating, because it seems so strange that a guy I so instantly clicked with should have disappeared without a peep like this...
At around noon I went back to Kittery to pick up my mother, who had been getting off to a slower start that morning. Alas, despite the warnings of my sister-in-law to go earlier to avoid getting stuck when the drawbridge between New Hampshire and Maine went up to let boats through, I arrived too late and got stuck watching the bridge go up, the boats go through, and the bridge come back down again.
Since I'd been complaining that I needed shorts, my mother suggested that we check out all of the outlet shops that were in the area. So on the way home we dashed through the Gap, Banana Republic (got a pair of shorts on sale), Kittery Trading Post (got some zip-off camping trousers), J. Crew, Polo Ralph Lauren, and Eddie Bauer (spotted a $5 tank top I liked). Six stores in just an hour, I was impressed with myself!
We then returned to my brother's house, had lunch, and ended up hanging out for a bit as the baby was asleep. I went with my sister-in-law to Toys R' Us to return some baby gifts and buy some bottles for freezing breast milk. We ran into their day care provider, a former colleague of my sister-in-law's, and it was sort of interesting to hear some of the gossip they were having about their workplace. Interesting, because I've never really understood my sister-in-law's work, so it was an interesting glimpse into her life.
When we returned, my brother suggested that we make a trip to the grocery store to get ground meat for burgers for dinner. It was a nice quick trip, and then my brother showed me the secret to his burgers: Worcester sauce. Had a great dinner, spent some more time playing with the baby, and then went home to go to bed!
No comments:
Post a Comment