
This evening was the "Winter Warmer" party of a guy on the hash, a short gay Asian guy known as "MeSoHorny". I've been to parties at his place a few times before, and I have to admit they are impressive parties thrown by a bunch of hedge-fund-banker-types that are always massive and good fun.
Alas, I struggled to get out of work at a decent hour, so I was already two hours late by the time I arrived at the flat, and the party was in full swing, with music playing loudly and not many people listening for the buzzer. Yet after ten minutes of pressing it, I finally got someone to buzz me in.
Once inside, I went and greeted our host, who was out on the balcony chatting with Oxford Boy. I then got dragged into a most bizarre situation, where MeSo was making me feel up Oxford Boy's thighs and bum. Okay, I'm game for feeling up cute guys, particularly ones with fit muscles, but it was all a bit too weird.
Luckily I was able to escape from that awkward situation before too long, and talk to other people from the running club I knew. I found myself in conversation with this guy Hairy Helmet, about the various professions people in the club have. He said to me, "Wearing a black shirt with a black jacket, you can probably guess what mine is..." Actually, I had no idea, and so was shocked when he told me that he was a professional gambler.

Seriously? I thought he was pulling my leg at first, until the more we talked, the more I realised he wasn't kidding. I was stunned to learn that one can actually make a living that way. He claimed to earn £100K a year, although with very inconsistent income. Apparently he'd like to buy property, but can't get a mortgage, because the bank never knows how much money he will have coming in every month. . I'd never really thought about the advantages of having a regular job, but that's definitely one of them. I know what I am making each month down to the penny.
I also had a good time chatting with the new boyfriend of my friend Kitty. She's a lovely girl, one of those types where you really wonder why on earth she is single, and so thankfully some guy realised that and she's no longer single. And the boyfriend, I am happy to report, is really nice and funny, except he SMOKES!! That is so bad. Our group of friends spent much of the rest of the evening discussing what a great guy the New Boyfriend was, and how unfortunate the smoking thing is. My one deal-breaker is guys who smoke.

I ended out the party chatting with Princess, observing this one girl at the party who was VERY flirtatious with all of the men. Except we noted that although the men were responding to it in the short term, he pointed our that no guy wants a girl like that in the long term. Indeed, this girl managed to ensnare Oxford Boy for a bit, and while he'd been responding earlier in the evening, he was just seeming hideously uncomfortable under her overwhelming attentions by the end of it.
Finally, Oxford Boy was so desperate to escape, that he grabbed a few of us and suggested we go. As we walked to the station, he kept muttering, "All I want is just to meet a NICE girl. Is that so hard?" I had to laugh, because on the one hand I think it's sweet how he really is one of those boys who is just looking to settle down, although I think at this point his head is still turned too easily. Sure, we'll never suit as a couple, but he's hilarious to have around as a friend.
No comments:
Post a Comment