Sunday, 16 January 2011

A Day of Avoidance

I didn't feel like doing much today, which is how I managed to sleep through both the morning yoga class, and the Body Pump class at my gym. I finally made it to the afternoon yoga class, I was so far behind, but at least I got out to the gym today!

Upon arriving home, I got caught online by Piers, who was asking where I'd run off to the night before. Oh sweet Piers, I do need to be careful with him, but I chatted to him for a short while, before making up some excuse to sign offline and escape the chatter. (Apparently I'd also done well to leave when I did, for the whole crowd ended up in a lock-in at the 151, as is Sophie's usual pattern. Those can be fun, but in truth I wasn't much in the mood for it, particularly in these days when I'm not drinking much).

I then found I also had a message from Siobhan, a lovely girl I'd met in December, inviting me out last-minute to a violin recital. She's such a sweetheart, and I did think for a minute about going, but I was so eager to have my one night off, that I made up some excuse about having dinner plans and gave my apologies. Perhaps I should have gone, instead of avoiding more social obligations? But in truth, I kind of just couldn't see summoning the effort to get dressed and go out.

I then heard my phone buzz with the sound of a text, and upon seeing that it was the Italian Guy from last night, I just ignored it, put the phone down without bothering to read it. Maybe that was mean, but I just didn't want to face dealing with it.

I then managed to get caught online by the Indian-Sweedish chap, a really funny kid I met at the Lansdowne a few months ago. He's absolutely brilliantly clever, and so I enjoyed our chat, although I do wonder what he meant with his insistence that we needed to have drinks once he was back from Sweeden. Why does my life anymore seem to be about avoiding nice boys I'm not interested in?

Finally as I was falling asleep in bed, noticed the Young Dutchman was online, and exchanged some banter about terrible Jonathan Franzen writing. Poor boy told me about his day, and must have been dying to collapse into sleep, but still kept chatting to me. Packed him off to bed with my best wishes, but glad that he'd taken the time to talk to me. My favourite boy of them all, right now...

No comments:

Post a Comment