I hadn't been to the hash in ages, but as part of my committment to get to the gym three days a week, I figured going for a run was a good idea.
When I arrived, I was glad to see a few familiar faces, although plenty of new ones I didn't recognize as well. I remembered being at this pub before, which had an unfortunate design without much open space, meaning that everyone was constantly struggling to move past one another.
Christina showed up, who I know through my kindergarten friend, John. It was good to see her, although as is always my problem when greeting Americans, I'm never sure whether to give them a hug, a kiss on the cheek and a hug, a kiss on each cheek, or what. We went for a slightly awkward hug. This is why I love British people, it's always two kisses, and the rules are quite defined.
Soon enough, it was time to get going on the run, where I found myself running for an hour straight, without a single check for a break! I thankfully managed to find a few shortcuts, but otherwise it was just a flat-out run. When I returned to the pub, I checked my heart-rate monitor, and found that at some point my maximum heart-rate had gone up to 215! Given that your maximum HR is supposed to be 220 minus your age, that would imply that I was five years old!
Still, it was some good exercise (even though it made me think I'd over-done it in the gym the day before). Afterwards, I stuck around chatting with Christina and a few others for a bit, although didn't drink anything, not even water (as I couldn't manage to get to the bar). Survived the circle, although at that point it turned out that we'd managed to drink all of the beer in the pub, so everyone was moving on to another pub. I should have used this opportunity to escape, but somehow got dragged along to a Bavarian beer restaurant (that I'd actually been to before). I made one attempt to escape, but was caught trying to leave by Roofie. Seriously, I felt like I'd been caught by teacher, and had to go back downstairs to sit down. Since I wasn't drinking, it was all a bit dull. Finally promised myself I would leave at 10 PM, and when someone else came in looking for a seat, I saw a perfect opportunity to give up my seat and get out of there. Made it home at around 11:30, definitely wishing I'd come home earlier!!
No comments:
Post a Comment