Sunday, 16 September 2012

Sunday at Tower Bridge

In the morning, EmJay went to brunch with a friend and to check on her flat, as she's been renting out her place in London while she lives in the Netherlands.  I went to yoga class (so I could say I'd done something at the gym this week), and while I struggled a lot, I survived the 1.5 hour class.  The knee continues to improve, little by little...

After yoga class, I came home and showered, EmJay returned to grab her things, and we headed out together when it was time for her to go to the airport and me to go over to Bermondsy to my friend from kindergarten's place.

After the Tube lines running so well for the Olympics, I completely forgot to check for planned engineering works, and got quite caught out by the Jubilee Line being shut.  After getting off the train to switch, I had to get back on, make my way in a roundabout fashion to London Bridge, and then walk for about 20 minutes from there.  After stopping for some beers and snacks at Tesco, I arrived about a half-hour late, but my timing was perfect as I arrived just before an American couple who he had also invited over for drinks.

We had drinks outside on his terrace, admiring his view of Tower Bridge, which was really lovely.  I realised when I'd checked my phone maps to make my way here, that he lived just around the corner from the Millionaire who'd recently had a party.  Gosh, I didn't know my friend was doing so well for himself, to have millionaires as neighbours!

I never picked up on how my friend from kindergarten knew this couple, but they were lovely and charming, apparently recently married.  My friend from kindergarten revealed that he'd been on a date recently, which surprised me as he almost never dates (I have no idea how he met this girl), but I was glad for him.  Even as a part of me did think, "Even your friend from kindergarten is dating, what on earth is wrong with your own dating life?"

We had a nice time, although around 8 PM, the couple left, and I followed them shortly afterwards (as I was starving and my friend from kindergarten didn't have any food in his house!)  Although as I was saying good-bye to him, my friend from kindergarten mentioned that he has a lot of free time by himself, but claimed to prefer it that way.  Hence, why I was following his subtle cues and leaving him for some alone time on a Sunday night.  I can't quite imagine it, and told him to let me know if he ever wanted to go out more, which he promised to keep in mind, but I guess he's actually happy with his time by himself, one reason why as well as we get along, we'd never truly suit.  Ah, there's that extrovert out there for me somewhere, I hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment