I was supposed to go out tonight night with Tish, who had invited me to an event while we were out at Nick's birthday the night before. Yet, as I sat on the couch, I was just feeling entirely too exhausted to even contemplate going out. Everything still ached from the gym the day before, and I just couldn't seem to get it together.
I then saw Qatari Boy online, and all my best intentions about leaving it up to him to get in touch deserted me. Perhaps was feeling a bit low about my complete strike-out from the night before. After all, one guy I liked didn't even bother to take my number, and the other I had the distinct feeling had nothing more than a professional interest. Indeed, unwilling to be patient, I wrote to him at mid-day, and got the following reply: "Indeed, last night was good fun
and thanks again for the tour! I actually plan on joining the club, so
I’ll definitely reach out in the near future. Have an excellent weekend
and talk soon". Perfectly polite and indicating no further interest in anything other than a networking connection. {Sigh!}
So, when I saw Qatari Boy online, I asked him if he had any Friday night plans, he said no, and we started engaging in some of our usual flirting. And at one point I berated him a bit about not getting together with me, and he mentioned he'd had a lot on his mind lately. To which I replied I knew that and had some theories about it, which piqued his interest. So what did I know about him?
"Well, if I've picked up on a few things, I would think coming back to London, the probably attendant upheaval of the job that comes with it making work more manic than usual, and I've even got a sneaking suspicion that there may even be some unresolved issues with a girl who is not me. In short, a lot to be on anyone's mind.
All which have very little to do with me, but still result in me feeling a bit ignored at times, and hence thinking you need to be reminded that a distraction is more what you need than waiting for everything to calm down.
Hence, although it's tempting to trot out the excuse, "Things are complicated right now", I'd much rather go with, "But you really seem to take my mind off of it."
Now, I figure I've just proved myself to be frighteningly insightful, or way off-base, one or the other..."
His reply? "I'd go with first, along with my sympathies to the Police force that has missed out on their best best detective".
Really, reading men's minds is much easier than you think. And so I was rewarded with a suggestion that we needed to go to the cinema next week. We'll have to see if he follows through on this plan, but it's more than I've gotten in the past.
Later on, Tish texted with the actual details of the drinks meet-up, and I had to apologise as there was no way I could make it out at that point. Such a shame, as it would have been good to go out on a Friday night, but next time, perhaps!
No comments:
Post a Comment