In the morning, I had my regular appointment with my personal trainer. She'd mentioned that we were going to work more on building up fitness, and so we ended up in the weight room with all of the boys, doing lots of weights that totally killed me. Core exercises still remain a huge challenge, although I don't know why I can't seem to get any stronger there.
I got home and showered, and realised that Qatari Boy had responded to my final line of our conversation last night, where I'd sent a comic about boys being oblivious to girls wanting them to ask them out. He seemed to find it hilarious, but had obviously missed the sub-text there. When on earth is this boy going to stop flirting with me all the time and actually ask me out? It's getting kind of annoying, really...
I then made the mistake of checking a few messages, and too quickly being pulled into dealing with problems at the club with this Saturday's Bavarian Luncheon being undersold. Ended up sending frantic messages all over the place to try to get more people involved, and wondering why it always comes down to me in the end on these things...
Finally, I desperately needed to leave if I was going to meet my friend Christina on time in the office for lunch, which I couldn't miss since she will be leaving the company soon enough. The Tall South African then had the brilliant timing to call me right as I was getting on the Tube (on the escalator going down), so although normally I love our usual lunchtime chats, I had to quickly answer, tell him I couldn't talk, and hang up on him. So you know I was in a rush if I couldn't even talk to him!
I made it to the office and Christina met me, and then we went to our usual burrito place for lunch. (Gosh I love burritos!) I talked to her a bit about her new job and the annoyance of boys, and she pointed out to me, rightly, that if I want to meet a guy in time to have kids with him, I need to be doing more, instead of faffing about with all of these boys I don't really date. I've been miserable with online dating (just don't like the effort), and don't go to speed dating events or anything like that. She's totally right, but I'm not quite sure what to do about it.
I went back to the office, got through my next conference calls, and then spent ages struggling to connect to a printer to print out a time report so I could submit my expense claim. The Tall South African called at one point ostensibly to provide me with tech support, but mostly just to laugh at me really... He does make me laugh though!
I finally managed to leave the office at around 6:30 PM, which was running late, but if things went my way I might still make it to the pub for this week's running club run. However, as I was trying to find my way to the pub, the Young Dutchman called! I hadn't heard from him in ages (he's been so busy since he started with Google), so I stopped to talk to him for a bit. He was calling mostly because he'd gotten my postcard from New York, and just to once again rhapsodise about how great life was at Google. Apparently Kellogg Boy is thinking of going to work for Google too, and so he was once again putting the pressure on to have me come join them there in the trifecta. Which, I do admit is tempting, except for the fact that the carefree boy who always had time to play has lately been replaced by a boy who does nothing but work all the time! So I think I'd have to join Google merely to ever see the Young Dutchman again. And I'm not sure I'm quite ready to give up my socialite life for non-stop work quite yet.
When I then finally arrived at the pub, the entire group was gone, but Caroline was there, and when I announced my desire to go for a run anyway, she said she'd come with me.
We then had a nice 40-minute job where we mostly gossiped and caught up on our news, in particular with boys. She's dating another guy (the thing with Sandhurst Boy fizzled out due to how selfish he was in bed), which kind of stunned me, that in the time I can't even bring one boy up to scratch, she's already dating another one. How on earth does she do it, and where does she find these guys?
On the run though, we mostly ended up chatting a lot about men and their bedroom technique. Why are so many boys so rough in bed? I explain my mixed feelings about Qatari Boy. As goodness knows, he fits the "rough in bed" mould, but I do feel like I can fix that. Although will it be like it was with her and Sandhurst Boy, another selfish lover who doesn't realise the need to pay attention to what his partner wants? Plus, I have to admit his continually not asking me out is kind of turning me off. I don't know what I want anymore. Do I want him to ask me out or not? As I told her, "I'm not even sure I'm going to like him, so all of this worry about whether he likes me might just end up being a total waste."
Back at the pub, nobody really interesting was there, although I ended up talking to Roofie's brother quite a bit. I thought it was very cute when during the circle, as everyone else was shouting and just behaving in their general madness, I looked around and he caught my eye and gave me a smile, as though we shared an inside joke, just between us. I like that we had our own special moment, just between us. Whatever it is.
During the circle, I got called up for coming back to running by Roofie, and I was so surprised when he decided to kiss my scar on my leg....so weird! But it was good to be back and acknowledged by everyone.
I didn't know many people in the crowds, so I decided to head home early. I got caught up chatting to Roofie and his brother about PX90 for a bit, as they were surprised I knew what it was. Yet, for those boys, they seem like the perfect candidates for an intense, at-home fitness program, and they were making me laugh with stories of how much pain they'd been in afterwards. They're both so sweet to me. I wonder if it's just our ACL bond, or what. It's nice though, and I really do enjoy spending time with them.
Still, it was 10 PM, and it felt like time to go home. So I went out and got on the Tube, and was quite surprised when this random guy sat down next to me and said, "How YOU doin'?" I looked up, wondering who this idiot was, to realise it was Lex. Made me laugh my head off. I'm sure the rest of the Tube carriage wondered why this guy with bad pick-up lines had managed to make me laugh so much, but that's just Lexie's style!
No comments:
Post a Comment