Not much tremendously exciting to report today, as I actually got a fair amount of work done (enough to hide the fact that I'd totally blown off work and gone boating yesterday), and got quite a few positive reviews from people. Seriously, I have no idea why people are impressed with me, I do so little... Is it just that everyone else is that dumb?
Once I finished my work day, I talked my dad into playing tennis again, and so we had a good couple of games (although I think he beat me 3-1, before I finally won a game and then insisted that we should call it quits for the day!)
We were then going to go to dinner at Patio, my favourite restaurant when I'm at home in New York. But as soon as we got back from playing tennis, my friend Michelle called me, and asked if I'd like to go for a walk with her, the kids, and her husband Andy. As I hadn't seen Andy the entire time I was home, I was keen to see if I could meet up with them.
I raced down the street (good thing I was already dressed for running!) and we met up and went for a brief walk, although the kids were a bit manic and hungry, and Andy was practically tripping over himself, he was so tired. So after only a half-hour walk, we parted and I raced back home. Nice to see them, but today was not the day for an extended walk!
So I then went with my parents for dinner at Patio pizza, and we had a fantastic meal and I enjoyed being back at one of my old hometown institutions. Always nice to have good "home cooking" again!
No comments:
Post a Comment