Tuesday, 14 September 2010

Kit Kat Club

This evening after work I had made plans to join my friend Fiona at the "Kit Kat Club", which was a women's networking group that has monthly lecture events. My friend Fiona is a member and she'd suggested that I might like to come along, and since I'm always game for unusual things like that, I thought, "Why not?"

I had to take a conference call at work that lasted until 6:30 PM, so I dashed out as quick as I could to make it to this event to meet Fiona there at 7. Apparently I dashed so quickly that I made it there early, before Fiona even arrived! So I spent some time just chatting with some of the women there who did make an effort to talk to me and make me feel at ease when I obviously didn't know anyone.

Eventually Fiona did arrive, and so we spent some time just catching up, and doing an absolutely hideous job at networking, we were just too interested in catching up with each other!

Soon enough the lecture was due to begin however, and so we took our seats. The speaker was a man who produces David Attenborough nature films, and he had some amazing stories to tell about how difficult it is to film these nature documentaries. It really gave me a whole new perspective on nature films, and the lengths people go to in order to make them! Really an outstanding talk, an hour went by amazingly quickly.

Afterwards many of the women were staying for dinner and further conversation, although we hadn't signed up for that, so Fiona and I made our way home. It was a lovely Monday out however, and had me already looking forward to next month's lecture in the hopes that Fiona will invite me again!

No comments:

Post a Comment