Friday, 13 November 2009

Relax

So I woke up this morning freaking out a bit about what a muck-up I'd made of things the night before, until I chatted with a few friends and they just laughed at me, saying, "Who cares? By your own admission, you kissed him because you found him completely charming and attractive in that moment. If it works out, it works out, but if it doesn't, you're no worse off. What are you so concerned about?"

I realised, they have a point.

He didn't write to me until the end of the day (maybe couldn't find the time at work, or maybe didn't know quite what to say), and it was short and sweet. "Great to see you last night and to finally brave the club table. Hope you got home ok, I've had a really busy day but unfortunately that final whisky pushed me over the edge I think!"

So I laughed with the realisation that he's pretty much thinking the same thing I am, "Did that actually just happen or did we have too much whiskey?" So I wrote him back, and I feel like balance has been restored to the universe. I'll see him next week at te Magdalene in the City event, and who knows what will happen then?

I guess that's the one key lesson I learned from my experience with the guy on the Tube that I went out with, which is that you can't put too much pressure on these things. Even with Magdalene Boy, I only things got to the point they did simply because I was relaxed and not stressing about it. Whatever will happen will happen, and the only thing to do is sit back, relax, and enjoy the show.

No comments:

Post a Comment