On Friday night, I decided to stay in, as the weather was absolutely horrific outside (wind, rain, and just a really blowing gale), and try to catch up on my novel for NaNoWriMo. (Here I was so proud of myself for staying up-to-date on my blog, only to discover that with a novel thrown into the mix, I'm falling behind on that too!)
I will admit to being a bit timid, as there was a surprise birthday party that I could go to if I'd bothered to chase down the address, but then I would probably run into Cambridge Boy there, so being the dork that I am, I decided to use the excuse of not having the address to avoid having to go.
Finally I turned in at around midnight, only at 1 AM to hear my flatmate coming home just as I was nearly asleep. I would have continued to just drift off to sleep, until I heard something I hadn't expected. Was that a male voice? Yet I was too tired to really process it, and so fell asleep shortly afterwards.
When I woke up in the morning, I almost wondered if I had imagined things, until I got up to putter into the kitchen, and passed some very male clothes and shoes in the living room. Now, I'm no prissy uptight type, so I wasn't shocked or horrified, but I was incredibly amused. As in the entire time I've lived with my flatmate since March, I've never brought a boy home (although I did spend a night out at a boy's place one night). And I think it's what's been keeping me moderately well-behaved even with all of these boys that I've been kissing, as I couldn't imagine facing down my flatmate with a random boy I'd brought home. So actually I felt a huge sense of relief, to realise that she'd been the first one to do it, and so I just giggled, as I knew she'd be feeling somewhat embarrassed (although hopefully happy after a good night of fun!)
So I returned to my room with my glass of orange juice, and ran into my flatmate just as she was leaving her room. I cocked an eyebrow towards the running shower, obviously making the point that, "If you're out here, then who is that in there?" She giggled nervously, but I think relaxed when I just smiled and said, "You can tell me about it later if you want to." I would have then just gone back into my room to hide, but would you believe it that right at that moment the young man came out of the shower? Oh my gosh, one of the more embarrassing moments, as he just dashed off into her room! I really shouldn't have been laughing, but it really was all just too funny!
Oh well, if things keep going the way they have been, then I'm sure I'll be in that position before too long, so I shouldn't laugh too much. At least now I know my flatmate should be okay with it, given that she's done it herself.
She unfortunately had to go off to a wedding for the day, but I look forward to when she gets back so I can hear the whole story!
No comments:
Post a Comment