This week's run was in Putney, so I was able to take the train down from Kensington Olympia. As usual though, I was running late, and so dashed onto the train right as I arrived at the platform. I probably should have noted that although I'd tapped the Oyster card reader, I didn't actually have any money on my card. Therefore, when I actually had to face ticket barriers in Putney, I couldn't exit the station. As well, the woman there was really annoying, insisting I had to go talk to some guy in the office, who at least to his credit realised that my small indiscretion wasn't worth making a big deal about, and so after about 10 minutes, they just let me exit the station. Lesson learned however, I guess!
I got to the pub and collected some money from people, but really I kept getting distracted and started talking to people, so I really didn't do as much as I could have in that regard. Hence, before I knew it, we'd reached the time to set off on the run.
The run itself was nice enough, seeing some pretty scenery on both sides of the river. In the end, according to my heart-rate monitor, I ran for 49 minutes, I was in my target heart rate zone for 29 minutes, I had an average HR of 151, max HR 201, and 491 calories burned.
I didn't do much better at collecting money when I came back, as I still just kept getting distracted, talking to people. At least when the pub was serving food, I happened to be right there at the head of the line, and figured I deserved SOME sort of reward for having to run around collecting money from people...hence it was nice to actually get a decent shot at the food.
I then spent most of my time talking to Roofie's brother Luke, who had come along on this run. I have to admit, every Luke I've ever met has been super-nice. There must be something about that name. I enjoyed his company, although I could have sworn I picked up on a casual comment which implied he had a girlfriend. If so, what a pity, although still a nice guy nonetheless.
The Giant Australian was also there, but for some reason I didn't talk to him until the very end of the evening, and he even joked that he'd been avoiding me. To tell you the truth, I wasn't that fussed, which I guess tells you something...I must not like him that much. I would take JG again if I had the choice, really...
I had a beer, almost to prove to Roofie that I DO drink, but it lasted for ages, because let's face it I really don't drink. So perhaps Roofie had a point with that one.
The Giant Australian then got into conversation with me and many others, and kept talking about the black-tie event he'd missed out on. (I'd invited him to the ROSL Ball on my birthday, but he'd already been going to a Pearl Jam concert). It was kind of bizarre, how much he focused on an event that he didn't even go to, so I moved the conversation on to other topics, almost more out of embarrassment for him than anything else.
Then for some reason the boys all got into arm wrestling. After the boys had beaten each other, Kitty got involved, and of course everyone wanted me to join in too. But haven't people learned by now that I don't do anything I don't want to do? So I made my good-byes (kisses for everyone), and left.
I then met some girls on the train looking for directions, and as they were obviously struggling in English, I asked what language they spoke. My (and their) good fortune, they spoke Spanish! So I just gave them directions in Spanish, which they seemed hugely relieved by, to have run into someone who speaks Spanish in London!
After I directed them onto their train, I raced over to my platform, and JUST made the very last train to Olympia. What perfect timing!
No comments:
Post a Comment