Tuesday, 13 July 2010

Long Day in the Office

I'd come into the office to do interviewing, and after I finished with the interviews, I was feeling motivated, and so plowed through a mountain of work that I'd been ignoring. (I do need to be careful not to work too much, as I don't want to have sacrificed too many nights in the office when the potential to be laid off is far too high. Any time you work beyond your contracted hours therefore, is money you're giving away to the company).

Finally, when it reached nearly 10 PM, I realised it was time to get out of there. So I closed down my laptop, packed up my things, and walked to the elevator. Went down, exited the building, and walked all of the way to the Tube. Entered the Tube station, walked through the tunnels, went through the ticket barriers, and went down the escalator. Then when I was at the bottom of the escalator and about to walk on the platform, I realised that I couldn't feel my "fitbit" anywhere on my waist, which is basically a high-tech pedometer that I use to track my movement and calorie consumption throughout the day.

I thought about just going home anyway, but that thing cost $100! So there was no hope for it. Back up the escalator, back through the ticket barrier, through the tunnel, down the street, back into my building, and up the elevator. And then, as I was standing there, I felt the darn fitbit, it had just slipped a bit lower on my waist. Argh! All of that extra walking for nothing!

But, as the fitbit measures steps and physical activity, at least I'd gotten my extra activity in!

No comments:

Post a Comment