
As usual, I hadn't done any packing before it was time for me to leave, so I spent my morning packing pretty frantically, missing my self-imposed deadline to leave for the airport at 2:30 (I got out of there closer to 3), and then finding myself having to do a conference call outside the airport as planes were taking off all around me. Sure, that was an easy one to explain to my boss, why there were planes taking off around me when I was supposed to be in the office...
Given that this was a flight to Boston, that meant that there were no individual seat-back movies to watch, but I was mollified when the in-flight movie turned out to be Invictus. Really great film, although I kind of wish I hadn't know how it turned out, as then there would have been a lot more drama. The problem with films based on real-life events, I suppose, as then you already know what happens!
After I landed in Boston, I made it through customs fairly quickly, making it outside to the stop for the Silver Line, but I missed the bus because I had to run inside to charge my Charlie Card. Which them meant that I had a great show as another couple waiting for the Silver Line bus decided to pass the time just making out with each other. Not sure if it was too much PDA or kind of cute, but I suppose we all do such things when we're young and just out of college.
The T journey wasn't bad, and I made it to Alewife, where my cousin Katie had just gotten home about 15 minutes before. She didn't have any food in the house for dinner (what is it with all of my friends who don't seem to eat?) so instead I just had a glass of chocolate milk for dinner. Oh well, it was great to finally be there, and get to crash into bed!
No comments:
Post a Comment