The entire reason I keep this blog, is that I was inspired to do so by my friend Kara, who argued that while my e-mailed stories were wonderful tales to read, they were often long and hard to keep up with. "Wouldn't it be great if you just put all of your e-mails on a blog?" she asked. "Then I could read them whenever I had the time!"
So, I agreed to give it a go, and it's hard to believe it's been nearly a year since my first visit with Kara inspired me to start the blog. She's been doing it for over two years with her two little girls, and I'm amazed at how she almost never misses a day, recording the stories and funny adventures of life with two adorable toddlers. And it's particularly fascinating to see the kids grow, right there in front of you, where you can click back to any story, any day in the past, and see what they were up to at any point in time.
So, although I didn't have two little adorable toddlers to write about, my life involves some truly interesting and random stories (lots of travel and going to balls, and of course all of the drama that is being a single girl trying to figure out boys), so I agreed to give this blog ago. But given that I didn't have any cute kids to write about, this blog would be called "Adventures Without Kids!" (One day I hope that will change, but in the meantime, let's record the stuff I get up to! Hopefully it will one day shock my kids to realise that their mother actually had a life before them).
Today however, I was going for the ultimate in celebrity....spending a day with the little girls I read about every day! You can read all about our fabulous day together on Kara's blog here: http://beantownmommy.blogspot.com/2010/06/mommy-playdate.html
(I of course, have borrowed the lovely photo Kara took of me and Lizzy for the top of this blog!)
The day really was pretty much as Kara describes it. I took the day off of work to play with them, and I borrowed my cousin's car and drove out to Kara's new house. I got totally lost at the final turns however, and had to call Kara, who talked me in to her place. After helping the girls with some puzzles, we drove downtown to their favourite deli for lunch, and then went for a walk to a local bakery afterwards for cupcakes.
Back at the house, Kara and I just enjoyed several hours of catching up over mugs of tea (how on earth is our 10-year college reunion coming up?), interspersed with playing with the girls. The girls are charming, and I was amazed at how well they played together. Particularly compared with how much time and attention one child seems to take, it really seems that having two is the key to success in life, as then they always have a playmate. So now I'm trying to talk all of my friends with one kid into having another one, as that really seems to be the way forward!
Finally at about 5 PM however, the girls were showing the obvious effects of having skipped their naps (playing with me was just too much fun!) so it was time for me to go and pack them off to bed. But what a fun day out with two wonderful little girls!
No comments:
Post a Comment