I spent my final day in the US basically running around getting errands done, getting my teeth cleaned at the dentist and packing. Nothing too exciting, but finally there was one last pizza lunch, and then it was time to head for the airport.
I did have fun breaking out my iPad in the airport, as people asked me about how it worked, and I ended up talking to one guy quite extensively about it. Finally it was time to board the plane, and so I got on, settled into my seat and checked out the movies. Really, they had nothing on offer, the best flick going was "The Bounty Hunter". What on earth happened to the movie selection?
So mostly I ended up sleeping, barely exchanging a few words with my seatmate. Touched down in London with no problems, and was surprised to find a message on my phone from the guy I'd given my number to a few weeks ago at the Inter-Club Quiz. Apparently he was just out and about, and giving me a shout, although of course the call had happened just a few days after I left, and the message was now over two weeks old.
I started stressing about it a little bit, wondering if I had to call this guy back, apologize, and offer to go for drinks, before I concluded that if it was just making me stressed, rather than eager to see this guy, then the answer was obviously no.
I got through customs, and then on the Tube ended up randomly chatting to this American guy all of the way to Earl's Court. Some guy in town on business with a wife and kids joining him later (no wedding ring, but interestingly one of those "MIA" bracelets that I've seen Vietnam vets wear, so I assume it was for Iraq and he was recently out of the military), it at least passed the time on the journey.
I finally got back to the flat, settled in, and was pleasantly surprised to be greeted by a chat from the Young Dutchman, who I met recently playing polo. You know, the one who is basically perfect in every regard except for the fact that he's 22-years old? Still, just seems that he was a bit bored and wanted a break from work (silly boy works for himself, can't even complain that the boss makes him), and so I just ended up having a lovely and amusing chat with him. Always a good way to pass the time.
Too soon however, jet lag caught up with me, and I was off to an early bedtime!
No comments:
Post a Comment