Thursday, 9 May 2013

Sunshine Missed Run

I guess it shows how my attitude towards running has changed, for this week I was truly dissapointed to miss the run.  It was happening near where I live, and the weather was stunningly gorgeous out, with the sun shining brightly.

Yet, as Chairman of the YM's at the club, I had to be there to run the meeting, so there was nothing for it but to show up.  It seemed a bit of a waste, as there were only four of us at the meeting, but at least that allowed me to race through the agenda in record time.

After the meeting was over, I went to the pub where the run was being held, rather hoping on some level that I might get to catch up with Roofie's Brother.  We'd exchanged a few e-mails the day before, so he knew I couldn't make it until later, and I know he's been insanely busy with work these days, but one still hopes.  I wore a nice dress, just in case.

When I arrived however, I immediately got caught up with the crowds outside, barely able to make my way inside or anywhere without running into someone else who wanted to talk to me, and so I wasn't able to spot if Roofie's Brother was around anywhere.  And I hated being the girl who is distracted, looking out for a boy, not fully concentrating on my conversation with The Blonde or anyone else.  Particularly as The Blonde seemed quite keen to talk to me, although not in front of the crowds.  Eventually as we parted she insisted that we needed to have a catch-up this weekend, which rather makes me wonder what might be up there.  Still, I do have to admit, I enjoy catching up with her too, so I shall have to make sure we find some time this weekend.
I finally concluded that Roofie's Brother wasn't there, and so found myself however in the company of The Cyclist, who I'd first really started to get to know at the Casino Night a while back.  I have to admit, I'm a bit wary of him, as I live in fear of getting into another CBDG situation.  As this guy is tall, handsome....really easy on the eyes, if I'm honest....and yet I know he's young, and I worry about whether he's clever enough to keep up with me.  Still, I suppose a little harmless flirting never hurt anyone, so I spent a while chatting with him while he told me really corny jokes and puns, which I had to admit, made me laugh.

He seems relatively keen (took quite a few excuses to get close to me and touch me), and I have to admit, it's nice to have a cute boy who seems to like you around.  Still, when he wasn't immediately nearby to say good-bye to at the end of the evening, I didn't make an effort to go find him.  I've been burned by this sort of thing before, seems wise to keep it light and casual, particularly given that my real interests lie elsewhere.

It was reassuring then, when on impulse I e-mailed Roofie's Brother the next morning, just a little one-liner to make him laugh, we ended up e-mailing back-and-forth throughout the day.  It was very funny, because as I read his e-mails back to me, I realised that he has the absolute worst e-mail chat ever.  It's like I can see the pattern, where my e-mails are entertaining and amusing, so he wants to respond, but he has no idea what to write.  Each e-mail had one line responding to each point I'd made in mine, whether it made sense to say anything in reply or not.  So when he finally finished at the end of the day with "Have a good eve", I chuckled and shut down my computer for the day.  I think I'm finally learning to read it how he meant it ("I have no idea what else to write") rather than how it sounds, ("I need to shut you up now").  Who knows?  Maybe he's not smart enough either, but it's nice that he wants to stay in the game, at least...



No comments:

Post a Comment