Saturday, 11 May 2013

Long Day with the Tall South African

When my phone rang at 10 AM, I turned over with a groan, but also sure that I knew exactly who was ringing at that hour.  Who else could it be?  A glance at my phone also revealed that he'd been texting me since 8:30 AM to see if I was awake.  That boy is such a puppy sometimes...

I agreed to meet him at Bond Street after I'd gotten showered and dressed, and I was leaving my flat, discovered that he'd sent me a postcard from his recent visit to Italy.  He really is a sweet boy...

From Bond Street, we took the Tube out to Greenwich, where they had docked some Royal Navy air craft carrier.  It wasn't nearly as big as some US air craft carriers I've seen, but still rather impressive.  And the Tall South African is such a boy that of course he wanted to go on it.  Why do boys love big boats so much?  Right up there with cars, guns and planes.

When we went to the end of the queue however, we learned that the current waiting time was 2-3 hours to get on the ship (as they had to take small groups in a boat out to the ship, there was no connection from land), and even then there was no guarantee that we would manage to get on the ship before it closed for the end of the day.

Thinking we had better things to do with our time, we decided to take the Thames Clipper down the river to Embankment.  It's funny, as you don't normally travel on the river that cuts through the middle of London, but it's quite fun when you do.  We sat out in the back of the boat so we could experience the wind whipping by, and just enjoy the boat trip.

Once at Embankment, I led him up towards Leicester Square to go for burgers at Byron's.  We'd started talking about them whilst down in Greenwich, and the more we talked about them, the more I wanted them.  This place makes such good burgers, well beyond whatever frozen crap you get as typical pub fare.  So we had burgers, fries and milkshakes, and were insanely happy.  It's funny sometimes how getting just what you want (particularly when you were starving) will make your day.

After our bellies were full, we went to Lilywhites (a sporting good store) to look at running shoes for him, although the place was crowded and he wasn't keen to really spend a lot of time there.  Although what boy ever really does enjoy shopping?

We then went to a nearby bookstore to look for potential presents for my mother, although we still didn't find anything in particular that I liked.  Although I could have stayed in the store for hours, just spending time in bookstores is so much fun!

After the bookstore, we then went to the Apple store to play with the new iPads, which I have to admit I am very tempted by.  As per usual, we were just enjoying each other's company, hanging out, having him jokingly steer me through the crowds (he's so big, people just get out of his way), and walking around.

We then walked to Knightsbridge, where we parted ways at Harrods so he could go and change for a dinner that he was going out to that evening.  I made my way down to Hammersmith, where I looked for hats for Ascot, but found nothing.  Yet I did find a cute dress that would do well for the summer polo season at TKMaxx, so that was a nice treat.

I then walked home, trying to motivate to go to the gym, but after a day of so much walking, I was done in!

No comments:

Post a Comment