
This evening, I promised my cousin I would show her the world that I had often spoken of, my club.
I'd suggested a few friends might join us for drinks beforehand, yet unfortunately they all ended up having to cancel. The Irishman was off skiing in France, the lucky duck, and Doro came down with an illness that would continue to haunt her for the next week. Yet, even though it was only me and my cousin, it still made for a lovely evening.
The club was excellent that evening, with the staff all on top form. Everybody was greeting me by name, so I'm guessing I must be around more lately, and it hugely impressed my cousin. I always love that, when the staff say, "It's so lovely to see you, Miss Loehwing!" as soon as I walk in the door.

Had a great dinner, and then just lingered for ages chatting over our wine, chatting about boys (of course!) Seriously, what else do girls talk about when they get together? Although it was one of those conversations where the girl just moans about being single, and you don't know quite what to say. It's really just luck, in my opinion, why some people have already met the love of their life and others of us are still looking. Yet I don't think any girl does herself any favours by moaning about it. I think as soon as you do, you unconciously start to give off a vibe that makes boys stay away from you.

Goodness knows I'm not always happy about it (there was still no word from The Dentist at this point, gosh darn it!) but at least I generally get my fair share of male attention, which generally placates me. Still, who wouldn't like to find that special guy, the one just for you? Everybody would...

So it was a tricky thing, to try and talk her down from her ledge about turning 30 and still being single (I could not believe how depressed she was about it!), while trying not to be too insulted about the fact that I'm even older than she is and single, so apparently therefore worse off!

After dinner we took our wine and wandered through the club, writing letters with the old nibs and pots of ink, and just enjoying the beauty that is the club library. Checked out the billiards room as well, and just enjoyed a lovely late night in such a grand setting.
No comments:
Post a Comment