This week's run was a bit outside of our usual scope, in that it took us to Zone 3, where we went running through some really pretty woodlands that I was totally amazed were right on the Tube lines, within London. We ended up running by Alexandra Palace, something I'd never known existed, which actually provided some spectacular views out over north London.
Mostly though it was a pretty dull run, with few people there that I desperately wanted to talk to. So I mostly just made the rounds, collecting money from people, engaging in some polite conversation and looked forward to my opportunity to leave.
When I finally spotted a good opportunity to make my exit, the Giant Australian decided to come with me. Not a bad thing, as I do enjoy his company, even if I get the feeling he's more "interested" in me than I am in him. Which is somewhat surprising, for on the surface he's good-looking, successful, and quite smart. Yet...I don't know quite what it is, but I feel like he lacks some degree of kindness and compassion.
For instance, as we were chatting on the train, I mentioned that I'd been reading andrew Ross Sorkin's "Too Big to Fail", about the collapse of Lehman Brothers and the subsequent downfall of the US economy. And he joked, "Well, there must have been a woman involved, obviously." This added onto jokes about making money through prostitution and other subtle chauvanistic comments... Usually with chauvanism, I assume most men I know are too enlightened to make such comments other than in an attempt to be humorous, but you can only hear it too much before you feel like asking, "You DO realise that you're talking to a woman, right?"
But still, I'll give him the fact that we did get into a rather interesting discussion about the multiple causes of the economic collapse, and the nature of the stock market in general. Hum, annoying. Smart, cute, successful guy. Yet, can't he just be a little....nicer?
When I got to my stop, kissed him good-bye, once on each cheek, although for a second there I was tempted to just kiss him on the lips. I definitely think he would have gone for it. Perhaps best that I didn't though. As it certainly wouldn't be nice of me to confuse the poor boy like that!
No comments:
Post a Comment