
In the morning, Tim was planning on heading up to Oxford for the night, so I went grocery shopping with Emily to get all sorts of things for our planned open house party the next day. We got back and Tim was surprisingly still at our flat, but left soon enough, after which point I got to work baking pumpkin bread muffins, brownies, gluten-free chocolate muffins, and pumpkin pie tartlets (which were impossible as I had to keep making mini pumpkin pie shells!) A lot of baking, but at least reassuring that we had lots of food for the party the next day.
I then took a shower and did my hair up (I followed a YouTube tutorial to get a hairstyle that might look okay with my Primark tiara), and then ran out to catch the Tube. It was torture, as the train from Kensington Olympia was delayed, then once it arrived it got stuck outside of Earl's Court, and then at Earl's Court the next train I jumped on (that claimed to be for Uxbridge) actually went to High Street Kensington. I noted with dismay that an hour after I'd left my flat, I was only at a place that is just a 10-minute walk down the street from my house! Finally after 1.5 hours (should have been a 30-minute journey), I made it to the party, with my head only slightly hurting from the too-small tiara.
The costumes at the party were great, as people had done some great things with the theme of "Come Dressed As Your Favourite Drink". Kitty was dressed in a blood-spattered shift with a nun's style headress, which I realised was her take on the Virgin Mary, hence making her a "Bloody Mary." Helen came in a blue dress with a nun's habit on, making her a "Blue Nun". Princess came as "Sex on the Beach", wearing not just beachwear, but also carting around a giant life-sized sex doll and shuffling about with his trousers around his ankles, making for a truly disturbing costume (particularly as we discovered that all of the orifices on the sex doll were quite real). Although as Cookie said to him, "Like you would ever come dressed as anything else." After all, if it's Princess, you can be sure that he'll wear the most shocking and offensive costume possible!
Sweetheart came dressed as a gay man from a gay pride parade with a British flag, making him "London Pride", and Cookie equally also dressed with flags, a "London" banner around her waist, and a Tube map taped to her shirt, fo the same theme. Pork Pie came with no costume at all, but was just drunk. It kind of made me wonder how on earth it is that he went away in search of enlightenment, and just came back as a total jerk. It rather bothers me that we used to be such good friends, because he's really just turned into an arse lately.
For dinner, we had a few choices, and I kept waiting for a steak and ale pie, but they were never coming. So finally when some good-lookin ham, eggs, and chips came up, I was so starving that I just decided to take those for dinner!
After dinner, they gave out awards for the best costume, and also called up all of those people dressed as the same drink. There were three other girls also dressed as Bombay Sapphire, although all just wearing blue saris, something I had never even considered as a costume idea. I did really like how Anna had done her costume however, as she actually wore this beautiful blue stone necklace in her hair, which looked quite exotic and sophisticated. I shall have to try that sometime.
After the prizes were given out, Cookie and I took Sweetheart's prize of wind-up crawling babies (no, seriously), and started racing them on the bar. Yet, after a while I was getting rather bored and tired, and given that I had a party to host the next day I decided to head home. Got home in 30 minutes, much more to my liking!!
No comments:
Post a Comment