Wednesday, 9 December 2009

Colder Run

Just a day after I'd been moaning about how I hadn't heard from the 25-Year Old in a week, he wrote to me. Just talking about how he was disappointed to have missed the whiskey tasting, but how it was nice to see his brother, who was about to give him another niece. What a lucky guy, to have so many nieces and nephews already!

Then just as I'm intrigued about how the 25-Year Old has finally written, the Neighbour Guy also writes to tell me that he'll be attending the Christmas Ball next Friday. Well now, isn't THAT interesting? And then the guy I met at lunch on Saturday accepted my friend request and wrote about how nice it was to have met me (although I don't put much stock in that, given that I had to request him as a friend first). Still on the whole, it makes me look forward to the ball even more, as I think it might turn out to be quite an intriguing evening.

After work I left for the evening's run, waiting for ages for the City Thameslink, which surprisingly took ages. Still, I made it to London Bridge eventually, and then didn't follow the P-trail (as I couldn't remember which exit they said it went from), but instead just followed the route I remembered from having been to this pub before. I almost got lost, but eventually made it there.

I collected money at the start, which actually wasn't too arduous. People are slowly learning to give their money at the start.

On the run, I didn't end up doing much, as I only got to the second check before I totally lost the group. And as much as I love running by myself in the cold and dark through sketchy-looking housing estates, I decided to head back to the pub. Of course, given that I was totally lost and had no idea where I was, this took a little while, bringing me back to the pub only 15 minutes in advance of everyone else.

Once everyone else was back, I talked to Dave for a bit, trying to continue our catch-up from the day before, but didn't really get a chance to say much before he got dragged off. Cookie then bought me a drink, and I really just had a nice time talking to her, she's always a great person to chant with. Later in the evening, I ended up talking to Cookie, her friend Mike, and Second Lady, where Second Lady and I kept trying to explain to everyone the American concept of a "guido". At the very least, we made everyone laugh with our attempts!

At the end of the evening, Cookie and Mike persuaded me to stay for one more drink, so it was nearly 11 PM by the time we left. Why is it always so hard to leave the hash? The little social butterfly in me can just never leave early!

No comments:

Post a Comment