
Got a late start in the morning, but went to Portobello Road market to check out all of the stuff on offer. I can't believe I'd never been before, as there were tons of cool old antiques, including a stall offering some lovely silver, including a necklace in the style that I've long wanted (solid silver collar). Didn't buy it, but perhaps will come back at another time to do that. I love how all of these things are options here in London though, and I'm always still discovering more stuff!
Then after a late lunch/early dinner, I decided to take the folks to Regents Park and Primrose Hill. Regents Park has the most beautiful rose gardens, the Queen Mary Gardens, which my mother instantly fell in love with, even though the gardens were already somewhat past their peak. If only she could really see them in full bloom!
We passed many people out picnicking (a popular British pastime), and my father instantly fell in love with the idea that we should come back later and do the same.
Finally I had them climb Primrose Hill, which leads to a beautiful view out over all of London. Interestingly, there was a large group up there with a loud stereo system playing music, but as they were playing relatively chill background music, it actually made for a nice atmosphere, with lots of people sitting around talking and laughing, watching the sunset over the city.
Although after the sun set, it started to get a bit chilly, so we wrapped up and headed home, after a lovely day out exploring!
No comments:
Post a Comment