Saturday, 15 August 2009

First Day in London


I started my vacation today, with my cleaning lady arriving at 8:30 AM (yikes, time to get out of bed!) and my parents arriving at 10 AM. We went to the local cafe where my flatmate does a children's music session, had some tea, and then wandered on to the local library (picked up a guidebook on Paris for our upcoming trip), and then on to the "Grocery Store Museum", or the local Tescos.

Made our way back to my flat, had some lunch, and saw my flatmate off on her way to her big California vacation. Checked my Facebook, and saw there was a message and friend request from the Texan who I'd dragged all of the way around Picadilly Circus at 1 AM on Tuesday. Spent a fair amount of time writing a witty-and-amusing response that was yet short enough to look like I'd dashed it off in in a hurry. I guess that's how you know you like somebody, when you spend stupid amounts of time crafting responses trying to sound funny and glib.

Went out to the Kensington Whole Foods, took a walk through Holland Park (where the photo of me with my mom eating ice cream was taken), and then made it back to my flat, where I changed to go out as my parents wondered how I still had the energy. (Answer: I don't. My social life runs me ragged. I'm looking forward to settling down and having kids just to get some sleep).

Went out to Camden Town, joining a party of a whole bunch of my friends from my running club. After I let it slip that I'd left with the Texan on Tuesday night, Princess Albert (charming-good-friend-yet-overly-interested-in-my-personal-life guy) seemed delighted with the news. I tried to say as little as possible about it all, as I have no idea where this is going, but Princess used the opportunity to tell me how he thought the Texan was not only an attractive guy, but also one of the most genuinely nice guys he knows. I have to agree, that I like the Texan ever more every time I learn more about him, even though the "move to New York" thing still bothers me. I guess it's hard to know the future however, and we'll just have to see where this thing goes.

There was an annoying guy there who'd had too much to drink and kept bothering us girls, to the point where we had to find another guy he was friends with to take him away from us. I will never understand why boys can't figure out that drinking too much is NEVER attractive to women.

But finally, at around 11:30 PM, two other girls and I decided to call it a night, and left together, heading home and stopping for kebabs on the way. Surprisingly good kebabs, and then finally a late night home!!

No comments:

Post a Comment