Sunday, 10 February 2013

Rugby and Chinese New Year

"Kung Hei Fat Choi!"
In the morning, as is becoming our pattern, the Tall South African crawled into bed with me to talk and chat.  He then decided that he wanted to introduce me to "White Collar", one of his favourite television shows, and so cranked up my laptop for us to lie in bed and watch it.  As I tried to get a good view of the screen, he laughed and said, "Just lie on top of me so you can see it properly!"  Before I could broker any sort of protest, he then wrapped an arm around me, and pulled me in so my head was lying on his bare chest, and I was snuggled all up against him.  Kind of nice, it's been so long since I've just cuddled with a boy like that, and also kind of odd how entirely platonic it was.  Even listening to his heart beat beneath my ear, it just felt warm and comforting more than anything else.

Finally, when we decided it was time to get up, I went and made breakfast for the two of us, while he took a shower.  We had breakfast and then swapped, him doing the dishes while I took a shower.  I enjoy our happy domesticity, it's just so easy with him...

We then made our way out to the pub where we were due to meet everyone for watching the England vs. Ireland rugby game, and a bit of the Chinese New Year festivities.  Roofie's Brother had long been promising that he would see me at these today, so I was looking forward to seeing him.

Yet, inexplicably, he did not show.  And I got so annoyed with myself, sort of watching the door for any sign of him, when after a while it became obvious that he was not coming.  Almost anyone else I might have wanted to see were there, from The Blonde to Matt to the Scottish Lawyer to people who had been at the party on Friday.  So why was I so worried about seeing Roofie's Brother?  I guess hoping to have a less awkward good-bye than the one from last Friday, to be dressed up now the way I wish I had been then.  Alas, I don't know why he didn't come, and I refuse to get in touch to ask.  It will be up to him to explain if he wants to.  After all, I still don't really know what's going on here, and should be careful about assuming too much.  We might still be "just friends".

We watched the game, I had a good time hanging out with Matt, and England won in the end.  Then The Blonde mentioned that some other folks we knew were meeting nearby for a Chinese dinner, and I could see that the Tall South African really wanted to join them (he's still so hung up on her), so we went and joined them.  I was really quite starving at this point, having not eaten since breakfast, so it was good to have some dinner.

Except that dinner was tedious, I struggled through conversation with people, and I was nearly falling asleep by the end of the meal.  I can't believe these are the people that The Blonde most likes to hang out with, and who the Tall South African feels he missed out on having as friends.  I know that some people do not like my "club" friends, and I think this is exactly the crowd they're talking about.  People too busy talking about their skiing holidays to be real and interesting.


Finally we reached the end of the meal and got the bill, although I seriously nearly just left cash on the table and left, I was so darn exhausted.  At least we finally managed to pay, and the Tall South African and I took the Tube home, where at least talking to him I wasn't quite so utterly bored.  Although he did go on talking about The Blonde quite a bit, and worrying that she seemed stressed these days.  It's sort of sweet, how worried he is about her, and I do wish I had somebody who was quite so worried about me, but gosh, it's all he can talk about, non-stop!  At least it made me realise that I'm in a much better position with Roofie's Brother, for although I was disappointed not to see him today, I hadn't really given him much thought after I realised he wasn't coming.

Once back at mine, he grabbed his things to go grab his train back home, and I just collapsed on my sofa.  I got a great unexpected surprise when my brother called, and we had a really great conversation on Skype for several hours.  All in all, a pretty great end to an otherwise dull day....

No comments:

Post a Comment