Saturday, 28 July 2012

Lotte's BBQ

In the morning, my head hurt like it hasn't hurt in quite a while, and since the Tall South African can always seem to sense this, he called me just to laugh...  I always do feel better after talking to him on the phone however, and was feeling halfway decent by the time we finished chatting.  He was obviously quite bored (all by himself in the house with his parents on holiday and nobody to talk to), so I assured him I would come up and visit him the next day.

I also got a text from Lotte's fiancee inviting me over to their place for a BBQ in the evening, and I promised I would go later after I met up with a Belgian friend of mine for drinks.

Met this girl, who is now living in Utrecht, for drinks nearby, and got to have a nice little chat and catch-up on what she's been up to lately.  She'd broken up with the boy she was seeing, who was a relationship that probably wasn't going to work anyway, but still seemed a bit puzzled over how it all happened.  Then when she related the tale of how he'd been gone for three months in the bush, but she'd written him e-mails once a week to tell him all about her life, I had to laugh as it was so obvious.  The guy would have come home to a million long e-mails, and totally have flipped out.  Why is it that girls are so often never able to see how their actions will appear to the guy, and often appear quite creepy too?

Still, after a little bit there, I made my way on over to Lotte's, where I found there were quite a few people gathered, and I was quite late.  No matter, as I found myself pretty quickly swept up in conversation with three guys, and once was quite entertaining, so very much enjoyed the stories.  Had almost no wine or food, but whatever...

Finally, towards the end of the evening, it turned out that the very entertaining guy lived quite near to me, so the two of us decided to head home together.  Although since the bus we would take wasn't running (we waited at the bus stop for ages before figuring this out), we ended up walking home, a distance of about an hour's walk!

Still, it was kind of cool as it was a reasonably warm night, and we walked right by Earl's Court right as a match let out at 1 AM, and we got to watch all of the people streaming out to the Tube, affirming why the Tube was running late during the Olympics.

Overall, a decent walk, even if we didn't get home until nearly 2 AM, and you could tell that the guy had maybe hoped to hit on me at first, but eventually just got tired and cranky.  Oh well, but one of those great nights just to be out and enjoying the summer and the Olympic spirit!

No comments:

Post a Comment