Today was so dull it almost doesn't warrant an entry, but I'm trying to keep up with this every day, so here goes...
I over-slept in the morning, but then justified it by noting that I was getting over a cold. So not only did I sleep in past the time for work, but I completely slept through the Body Pump class at the gym too! Seriously, it was around 11:30 AM before I got up...
As an opthamologist friend of mine has been trying to discourage me from wearing my contact lenses so much, I tried to keep them out for most of the day. (Indeed, I only ended up wearing them when I went to the gym, between about 5-8 PM). Particularly as all I was doing was sitting in front of my computer and working, it seemed like a wise thing to do.
It was mostly easy calls, with people just asking me to share my knowledge, talking off the top of my head. Although I was a bit annoyed when I showed up for my weekly status call with my boss, and he never appeared, with no notice about cancelling either! I shall have to ask him about that later...
I continued to engage in an e-mail exchange with The Married Man throughout the day, as I think he was a bit stressed out while working on a client site and looking for a distraction. Truth be told, I wasn't averse to a distraction either.
At the end of the day though, I decided I'd eaten way too much in Boston, and it was time to go to the gym. So I made it through the "core" class and a shortened, 45-minute Body Pump class. Was tired but happy I'd gone by the end.
Then back home to make dinner, and hung out and worked on my computer while my flatmate watched television. Perhaps weird that I didn't join her, but I'm just not into watching television.
Finally she went off to bed, and before too long it seemed like I should go as well (as I'm fighting off this cold, after all!)
No comments:
Post a Comment