When I arrived at the run in the evening, I found the entire crowd at picnic tables outside, and so I quickly joined Pork Pie and a few of his friends in conversation. I had fun chatting to them for a bit, and although I spotted Roofie's Brother arrive, I didn't really get a chance to say hello to him before we started the run. Yet, one we had actually started running, we were stopped at a light outside Waterloo station, when we finally got to say "hi" to each other, and he gave me a quick sweet kiss on the lips. Funny how natural that has become with us.
Since my shirt, being pink in colour, was closest to red, I found myself on the England team, which meant that we ran on a separate trail from the French team. We wandered around the area near Fleet Street for ages, although we finally realised we were on the right trail when we saw written on the pavement right before Blackfriars Bridge, "For King and Country!" I wish I'd taken a picture of that...
![]() |
| Ignoring the water balloons in favour of food |
When we got back from the run, there was food and a bit of a water balloon fight, although we gave that up pretty quickly in favour of drinking beer and listening to stories of the stag weekend this past weekend of one of the members of the running club, which Roofie's Brother had been on.
As the boys started telling stories, obviously leading up to one involving Roofie's Brother, he started to get more and more panicked, saying, "Shouldn't what happens on the stag stay on the stag?" The boys all howled and told him not to be silly, as after all, "It's not like there's a girl that you're trying to impress here!"
Roofie's Brother looked right at me with such a panicked look, I nearly doubled over with laughter. As the boys started talking, he then outright said to me, "You can't listen!" Which of course I ignored...
The story itself was of how he apparently woke up in the morning finding a girl next to him, and upon seeing what she looked like in the broad daylight, reached into her bag while she was still sleeping and retrieved the business card that he'd given her earlier. It of course sounded like a horrible story, but I knew the boys were putting a spin on it, particularly how Roofie's Brother kept assuring me, "It wasn't really like that!"
Given how I'd spent an hour making out with a cute Irish boy on Saturday night, I know we have no obligations to each other (and won't either until he decides to do something about it). Still, I have to admit I wouldn't be totally thrilled if somebody had told him the story of what I'd been up to with the Irish Boy, so I understood his embarrassment.
I then went to get a drink, when I was surprised by someone behind me hugging me, and when I turned around, I nearly wet myself with excitement. Matt was here!!
I hadn't seen him since he'd returned from Sierra Leone, where he'd run a marathon at the end of May (crazy person!) So I pestered him constantly for stories, and continued to chat to him more about it as we went outside, where he stood with an arm wrapped around me as we just continued to talk for ages. Sierra Leone sounded like an incredible experience, although I have to admit I was hugging him just to reassure himself he was back safely as much as anything else!
Still, despite Matt's warm embrace, the night air eventually became too much, and I went back inside to get a warm fleece. Once there, I found myself chatting to the South African Rugby Player for a bit, who I had a charming little conversation with. He really is sweet, that one...
![]() |
| Standing outside the pub |
He then wondered to me why all of the girls he dates seem to be crazy, and I laughed as that one is so obvious to me. I told him, "You wait for girls to practically stalk you before you date them, and so of course you end up dating crazy stalker-type girls. Girls like me, who are cool and chill but wait for a boy to ask them out, you never go for. So you never get to date anyone normal like me." He laughed, but I also hope I perhaps made him think a bit...
As the hour grew late, I spotted the South African Rugby Player leaving, so I stopped him to say goodbye. He surprised me then by kissing me on the lips to say good-bye, twice. Oh, so this is how I say good-bye to everyone now?
Roofie's Brother left shortly afterwards with Sister Fister (since he's staying with her), and gave me a nice big kiss on the lips without hesitation. Since I knew at this point I had his attention, I pressed him on when we were due to get together for drinks. He assured me that after July 6th, his schedule would improve, and as we started throwing out dates and he obviously had to go, we just shouted after each other, "We'll talk. We always do!"
When Matt was going, I decided to leave with him, and so as I was saying my goodbyes to Princess, he then laid a kiss right on my lips too. Three for three, this really is a trend here... What on earth is going on here?
I walked back to the Tube with Matt, just talking and laughing with him, still so happy to see him. Although when we said good-bye as we parted in the station, he just gave me a big hug there. Phew, don't think I could have handled that from Matt! Overall though, excellent night with some attention from my favourite boys...



No comments:
Post a Comment