Sunday, 30 June 2013

Day after Wimbledon

I had been woken up briefly by the Tall South African returning at 5 AM, although luckily I was able to quickly turn over and go back to sleep, thanking my lucky stars that I'd taken the time to set up the air mattress for him before I went to bed myself, as it meant he was off in his corner.  Definitely would not have wanted a drunk boy crawling into bed with me at that point!

Later, around 10 AM, I got up and made breakfast for the two of us, sausage and eggs.  And because I'm a wonderfully kind person, I boiled water and made him a cup of coffee, which when I brought to him in bed, he just kept exclaiming, "You are a legend!"  Indeed, he is lucky I am so kind to him...

He moaned to me for a while, wondering why on earth he hadn't come home with me the night before.  I just pointed out that he's young and stupid while I'm old and wise, and also that he'd been drunk and kind of wanted to sleep with someone, but had really misdirected his energies.

Once we were feeling somewhat human again, it was such a lovely sunny day that we grabbed a picnic blanket, went to Holland Park, and just found a nice spot in the sunshine to lie down, take a nap, and enjoy the weather for a bit.

In truth, I could have happily stayed like that all afternoon, just lying there with him, occasionally talking about relationships and things, but mostly just half-dozing in the sunshine.  It was just such a lovely day, and I realise that these are the times I enjoy best with him, where we just sit in the pleasurable companionship of each other's company.

Alas, I had previously agreed to have a Skype chat with my friend Nikola in Sydney, so we had to return home so I could make my date, and the Tall South African decided to return home to get some proper sleep and try to recover his Sunday.

It was a good catch-up call with the Australian however, and reminded me of how much I miss those great friends.  We finished our chat by agreeing that we need to have these calls regularly, at least once a month, and finally when it was 12:30 AM in Sydney, we at last hung up.

Overall, a very slow and relaxing Sunday, but sometimes those are the best ones!

No comments:

Post a Comment