I woke up early this morning to make sure to send off an application to the Lord Mayor of Westminster's drinks party on Feb 18th (I got in!), but then was feeling sleepy and not much like working, so I rolled over and went back to bed.
At 10:45 AM, I woke up when I heard the doorbell buzzing, and when I picked up the answer phone, I was stunned by what I heard: "I'm here to Witness, and I was wondering if I could share some verses of Scripture with you today?" Oh my goodness, a real-live Jehovah's Witness on my doorstep!! I was really tempted to answer the door just so I could ask them all sorts of silly questions like, "Have you ever met Prince? Do you really believe in the Rapture and that only 14,000 people are going to be saved? Do you truly not celebrate birthdays?" I've never had an evangelist knock on my door before, no Mormons, nothing, so this was very exciting. However, before I could do something so stupid, I realised I was still in my pyjamas, and so made polite excuses that today was not my day to listen to Scripture.
At this point I realised it was really time to get up, and so shuffled out of bed, checked my e-mail, answered a few quick work questions, and had some black beans and rice for breakfast.
I was feeling quite lazy and not much like going to spin class, but when it was nearly noon and I realised I still hadn't done ANYTHING with my day, I put on my spinning kit and headed out. I probably was still being lazy during the class (only burned 470 calories), but given that I forgot to turn off my HR monitor, after a nice little swing through the grocery store to pick up some EVOO, I had burned over 660 calories by the time I got back home.
As I was all sweaty from my spin class, I decided to take a shower, and then finally at 3 PM, I decided to go into the office. Which of course, since I was only going into work at 3 PM, meant that they were already handing out the "Evening Standard" on my "morning" commute!
I arrived at work in time for my 4 PM call, prepared for my late 6-8 PM call with dinner. Still, I hoped to get out of there relatively quickly, making it a 4 hour workday. Alas, I should have realised that even when you come into work at 4 PM, there's still work to do, meaning I didn't escape the office until 11 PM!! (Without having done everything I wanted to do, darn it!) Oh well, as I'd still only put in a 7-hour workday, I suppose I really can't complain about working late!
No comments:
Post a Comment