I was looking for "low sodium" chicken stock in the grocery store yesterday, and like most shopping experiences in England, I can never find what I'm looking for. So of course, I decided that with the help of Google, I would just make my own. (Google can teach you how to do anything).
This of course required roasting an entire chicken, deboning it, sticking the carcass in a stock pot, cutting up carrots, celery and onions, and then simmering the whole mess for four hours. In truth, I only made it for three hours, as I was finally tired and wanted to go to bed, but worried that the cleaning lady would throw it out in the morning, I needed to filter it and clean up before I went to bed. (I am scared of my cleaning lady, and hide from her when she comes).
Then wouldn't you know it, the cleaning lady didn't come this morning? Still, my chicken stock looked pretty cool (totally congealed in the refrigerator, but according to Google that was okay), and I used it to make chicken lentil stew for lunch. Yummy!
No comments:
Post a Comment